Follow me on Twitter

Sunday 7 July 2013

Days like this revisited (@tropicgrump)

Magneto is a particularly stupid name for an X-Man if you ask me (nobody did). It sounds like a type of ice cream, and even those strange amoeba shaped lollies, with an equally bizarre advertising campaign ("Funny Feet") are not that scary.  However, if the Marvel casting director were in town I would be a shoe-in for the role. Ok, not on Hollywood scale. Mudangneto perhaps: the girl with the ability to take out small electrical items: 1 toaster, 2 mobile phones, 2 lawn mowers, 1 vacuum cleaner and 2 juicers (oh yes, the shiny replacement juicer spluttered its death throes of bright green spinach across my kitchen this morning).  It is late, blisteringly hot and I'm considering using my powers to frazzle a Karaoke machine; thus ending a "singing" session currently in full swing in my neighbourhood: Cheer up Sleepy Jean, Hey Jude, Tainted Love, I Will Survive (not if I have anything to do with it you won't.)...will they please start a rendition of The Time Of My Life, which normally signals an end to proceedings!

At this rate I will have to change my name to @tropicgrump.  Urgent action is required, this time in the form of  Body Love Butter Cream. Fear not, as tempting as it seems, I am not going to lob jars into the midnight air with the hope of directing a hit on the Abba wannabe who has just struck up a second verse of Dancing Queen.

Body Love Butter Cream is the very first product developed by Susan Ma.  Just the scent is enough to transport my mind to a much calmer place.  I shall forget thoughts of Funny Feet, letting them become Happy Feet as I massage the cream in relaxing circle motions. Obviously happy as in contented, not hairy and penguin like (the other type of Happy Feet)

Water (aqua), Golden Jojoba Oil (simmondsia chinensis seed oil), Macadamia Nut Oil (macadamia ternifolia seed oil) Shea Butter (butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (theobroma cacao butter), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera butter) Natural Vitamin E (tocopherol) Coconut Emulsifier(cetearyl alcohol), Cassava Emulsifier (cetearyl glucoside),Glycerin (glycerin), Candelilla Wax(euphorbia cerifera), Corn Sugar Gum(xantham gum), Organic Hibiscus Extract(hibiscus rosa-sinensis extract), Sea Kelp (lactobacillus/kelp ferment filtrate),Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil(backhousia citriodora oil), Bergamot Essential Oil(citrus aurantium bergamia oil), Neroli Essential Oil (citrus aurantium oil),Lime Essential Oil (citrus aurantifolia oil), Gentle Preservatives(phenoxyethanol & ethylhexyglycerin)

Describing the scent of a product is incredibly tricky without referencing other scents e.g. it has the gloriously uplifting aroma of fresh limes.   This product makes me think of Sweet Peas. Sweet Peas!?! Perhaps I have been huffing too many paint fumes as I redecorate my bathroom? Sweet Peas are hardly the same as Lemon Mrytle, Neroli and Bergamot; more English Country Garden than Tropical Paradise. No, not the smell itself, but that magic feeling, that intoxicating, just picked vibrant joy of a vase of freshly harvested flowers.  I shall try to convey photographically...pure sunshine to the soul..


Body Love Butter Cream is the perfect gift for your inner grump - who couldn't break into a smile with such silky soft perfection?  It is also a wonderful gift for a loved one.  I absolutely adore the luxury body oils, but the cream is an instant pick me up with no need to desolidify (is that even a word?), just unscrew the jar and you are good to go.   It is currently available in both 200ml (£20.00) and 100ml (£15.00).  Personally, I would like a mini travel pot (25ml) to have in my bag for emergencies - open and pour, I'm Tropic Bunny Once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment